New Covid19 instructions for delegates - Fleetwood Nautical Campus
Published on 01/11/2021 by CMCKE
We have updated our instructions for Covid19 for those attending our campus for training. Information below.
COVID19 information - staying safe during your training
Please do not attend your assessment or training course if you've tested positive for COVID19 or you are suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- New and persistent cough
- Breathing difficulties
- Change to your normal sense of taste or smell
If you are living with anyone suffering from or currently isolating as a result of a positive COVID19 test result and you have been double vaccinated at least two weeks before, you will not need to isolate but are advised to take a PCR test. If the PCR is negative, you can attend the training course.
Government guidance can be found here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae#england-has-moved-to-step-4
TAKING THE TEST IN ADVANCE WILL:
- Minimise the risk of spreading the virus to others
- Avoid a wasted journey (if you don’t test prior to arrival, we will test you on campus, and, if positive for Covid19, you will not be able to join the course)
- Save time on the day, allowing you a smooth and relaxed start to your course
All delegates attending the Campus will be expected to undergo a rapid LFT COVID19 test prior to being permitted on to the course. This is a harmless and necessary addition to a range of safety measures whilst you participate in your course which keeps you and everyone else safe. We ask you to participate fully in ensuring we maintain a COVID-safe environment for everyone at all times.
Before you arrive for your course
- Up to 24 hours before you arrive on campus, take a rapid LFT COVID19 test and log this at https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result. Test kits can be obtained from:
- gov.uk website
- local pharmacies
- local test sites
- some employers may also carry tests which you can request
- On this page you can order tests online or find out where you can collect tests in person by inputting your town/city or postcode - https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
Do not travel to your course if your LFT test is positive. You should arrange for PCR test as soon as possible. We will be happy to rearrange your course free of charge if you are unable to attend due to a positive COVID19 test result.
When you arrive at the FNC Campus
- On the first day of your course, wearing a face covering, make your way into the building via the main entrance and at reception turn right and walk across the back of the refectory to the COVID19 testing station. A member of our COVID19 testing team will approach and ask you to produce evidence of your negative COVID19 LFT test. This can be in the form of:
- NHS app
- Text message from the NHS
- Email from the NHS
IF YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS WITHOUT EVIDENCE OF A NEGATIVE COVID19 TEST
We will assist you to take a COVID19 test on arrival. This will add to the time it takes to admit you to the campus. If you test positive, you will be asked to leave and we will rearrange your course to another date free of charge.
2. For courses of more than one day, please use the main entrance on subsequent days and wait in the refectory for your tutor.
3. Hand washing facilities and sanitising stations will be available throughout the campus and you are encouraged to use these regularly.
4. B&FC requires you to wear a suitable face covering whilst on site at all times except whilst eating meals in the refectory. The face covering must cover the mouth and nose sufficiently to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
5. Elements of training may be undertaken at our Marine and Firefighting training facilities (a short drive from the main campus building). You are free to travel to these sites in your own vehicle if you prefer. Otherwise, you will be transported to the training site in a college minibus. While in the minibus, you must wear a face covering and the vehicle will be ventilated by open windows.
Questions about your safety
If you have any further questions regarding our training or your safety, please do not hesitate to contact us before you attend.
We thank you for your assistance in ensuring a COVID19 safe learning environment.