Fleetwood Test House (FTH) has more than 20 years’ experience in testing and certifying Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). At this cutting-edge testing facility you can expect outstanding customer service from experienced and qualified staff.
FTH is made up of two distinct organisations: Fleetwood Testing Laboratory (FTL) and Fleetwood Notified Body (FNB). It offers the following range of services:
- A full testing and certification service for PPE against the PPE Directive.
- Testing and certification of marine equipment in accordance with the Marine Equipment Directive.
- Testing of aviation lifejackets and helicopter transit suits in accordance with EASA specifications.
- Compatibility testing of different combinations of PPE.
- Bespoke testing and certification for new marine products.
PPE testing and certification
FTH provides full testing and certification for PPE products (including lifejackets, buoyancy aids, swim aids, immersion suits and diving suits) to obtain CE approval in accordance with the PPE Directive. This is carried out in accordance with the latest European and International Standards.
We can undertake testing in accordance with the following standards:
- EN ISO 12402 Parts 2~10 Personal Floatation Devices
- EN ISO 12401 Deck Safety Harness & Deck Safety Lines
- EN ISO 15027 Parts 1, 2 & 3 Immersion Suits
- EN 14225 Parts 1 & 2 Diving Suits (Wet Suits & Dry Suits)
- EN 13138 Parts 1 & 2 Buoyant Aids for Swimming Instruction
FNB is appointed as a Notified Body by the United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS). Our European Notified Body number is 0514 and we are listed under the official European Commission NANDO database for Notified Bodies. For additional information about the Certification schemes FNB can offer please see FNB Certification Schemes.
Marine equipment testing and certification
FTH provides full testing and certification in accordance with Module B (EC type examination) of the Marine Equipment Directive for the following life-saving appliances:
- immersion suits
- thermal protective aids
In addition FTH can perform the following conformity assessment modules of the Marine Equipment Directive:
- Module D (production quality assurance)
- Module E (product quality assurance)
- Module F (product verification - required in combination with Module B)
At FTL, we will undertake research, development and bespoke testing for clients as required. This includes producing a full test report of any findings based around your individual requirements. Among our bespoke clients are Man-Overboard Devices, Rescue Buoys and Liferafts.
FTL is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to the ISO 17025 standard, which outlines the general requirements for the competence of testing laboratories. A UKAS accreditation is recognition of competence, impartiality and performance capability.
Discover the full scope of FTL’s testing capabilities here or search UKAS using our testing laboratory number - 1559.
For information about costs, if you would like to check the validity of a certificate issued by FNB, or for any other queries, please contact us on:
Terms and Conditions