How we can help you
- Overview of our services
- PPE testing and certification for UKCA approval
- Marine equipment testing and certification
- Aviation product testing
- Compatibility testing
- Bespoke testing
- Terms and conditions
- Contact us
Overview of our services
Fleetwood Test House has more than 20 years’ experience in the testing and certification of products for the protection against drowning.
At this cutting-edge testing facility you can expect outstanding customer service from experienced and qualified staff.
Fleetwood Test House is made up of two distinct organisations: Fleetwood Testing Laboratory (FTL) and Fleetwood Notified Body (FNB).
- Product testing and certification of PPE (for the protection against drowning), in accordance with Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/425 as brought into GB law and amended) and the Personal Protective Equipment (Enforcement) Regulations 2018, for UKCA approvals.
- Product testing and certification of marine equipment in accordance with The Merchant Shipping (Marine Equipment) Regulations 2016 for UK conformity mark (Red Ensign) approvals.
- Testing of aviation lifejackets and helicopter transit suits in accordance with EASA and CAA specifications.
- Compatibility testing of different combinations of PPE.
- Bespoke testing and certification for new marine products.
FNB is appointed as a UK Approved Body by the United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Our Approved Body number is 0514. We are listed under the official list of UK Conformity assessment bodies.
Find out more about FNB Certification Schemes.
PPE testing and certification for UKCA approval
Fleetwood Test House specialises in providing conformity assessment for PPE products in the field of protection against drowning, including lifejackets, buoyancy aids, swim aids, immersion suits and diving suits.
We carry out testing and certification in support of UKCA approval, undertaking Module B (Type examination) in accordance with the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/425 as brought into GB law and amended) and the Personal Protective Equipment (Enforcement) Regulations 2018.
Testing is carried out in accordance with the latest International Standards, as applicable for the product type. We can undertake testing in accordance with the following standards:
- EN ISO 12402 Parts 2~10 Personal Floatation Devices
- EN ISO 12401 Deck Safety Harness & Deck Safety Lines
- EN ISO 15027 Parts 1, 2 & 3 Immersion Suits
- EN 14225 Parts 1 & 2 Diving Suits (Wet Suits & Dry Suits)
- EN 13138 Parts 1 & 2 Buoyant Aids for Swimming Instruction
In addition, FTH can perform the following conformity assessment surveillance modules:
- Module C2 (production quality assurance)
- Module D (product quality assurance)
We can also offer conformity assessment for UKNI marking for the in Northern Ireland market.
- To apply for UKCA or UKNI product certification, please complete this PPE type approval form.
Marine equipment testing and certification
FTH provides UK conformity assessment for the UK marine equipment conformity mark (Red Ensign) for the following product types:
- immersion suits
- thermal protective aids
We carry out product testing and certification in accordance with Module B (type examination) of the Merchant Shipping (Marine Equipment) Regulations 2016 as amended. In addition, FTH can perform the following conformity assessment surveillance modules:
- Module D (production quality assurance)
- Module E (product quality assurance)
- Module F (product verification)
If you wish to apply for UK marine equipment (Red Ensign) product certification, please complete the application form below.
Aviation product testing
Fleetwood Testing Laboratory can carry out testing of aviation lifejackets and helicopter transit suits in accordance with the current EASA specifications as follows:
- ETSO-C13f for life preservers
- ETSO-2C502 for helicopter crew and passenger integrated immersion suits
- ETSO-2C503 for helicopter crew and passenger immersion suits for operations to or from helidecks located in a hostile sea area
- ETSO-2C504 for helicopter constant-wear lifejackets for operations to or from helidecks located in in a hostile sea area
- Draft CAP1034/EN 4856 for Rotorcraft - Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
On completion a test report will be provided, which is then submitted to EASA in support of the approval.
Fleetwood Testing Laboratory can carry out compatibility testing of different combinations of PPE and Marine equipment.
This can be performed in accordance with HSE guidelines specifically for Offshore use or we can offer a personalised testing schedule dependent on the customers’ own needs which will be performed in accordance with the relevant European or International standards.
Testing is performed in accordance with HSE guidelines are performed in accordance with the HSE Compatibility test protocol for lifejackets and immersion suits on offshore installations.
Fleetwood Testing Laboratory will undertake research, development and bespoke testing for clients as required.
Testing is accompanied by a full test report of any findings based around the requirements of the client.
In the past FTL have performed bespoke testing devices such as Man-Overboard devices, Rescue Buoys, Liferafts.
Fleetwood Testing Laboratory is accredited by The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to the ISO 17025:2017 standard which is the standard outlining the requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
A UKAS accreditation is recognition of competence, impartiality and performance capability and it is FTH’s aim to offer a state of the art testing facility and experienced staff members who deliver a high level of customer service to all our existing and new customers.
Discover the full scope of FTL’s accredited testing capabilities - or search the UKAS website using our testing laboratory number (1559).
Fleetwood Notified Body is accredited by (UKAS) to the ISO 17065:2017 standard which is the standard outlining the Conformity assessment requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
The expert team here at Fleetwood Test House can help you with any questions about certification and testing, and the routes to conformity.
Also contact us for information about costs, or if you would like to check the validity of a certificate issued by FNB.
Terms and Conditions