Blended learning for Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited, Chief Mate Unlimited, Engineering Officer of the Watch Unlimited and Chief Engineer Unlimited
Blended learning is a form of distance learning that combines online study with College-based assessment, allowing you to qualify for an AdC/AdD in Nautical Science and Marine Engineering, from anywhere in the world.
Ideal if you are based overseas, work full-time or prefer a flexible mode of study, distance learning facilitates experiential learning while providing you with valuable sea time.
- Teaching methods to suit different learning styles
- A vast range of up-to-the-minute interactive resources
- Round-the-clock accessibility from all over the world
- Monitor and track your progress through the course
- Full use of our Learning Resource Centre
- Submit many assessments electronically
- Arrange your College-based assessments at a time of your choice
- Regular supportive feedback from our expert tutors
- Practical information and advice from our distance learning team
Our AdC/AdD in Nautical Science and Marine Engineering combine formative assessments by distance learning with practical and formal assessments undertaken at College. As you work through each unit on the course, you will need to submit your work for marking on a regular basis.
Once you have reached the required standard in each unit you will attempt a pre-College test. If you are successful, you can then make arrangements to attend College for your formal assessments. You will need to complete all work and assessments in one set before you can progress to the next set.
If you would like to apply for distance learning for Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited and you are not supported by a shipping company, you could apply for the John William Slater Scholarship for Ratings. Worth up to £17,000, this scholarship is administered by the Marine Society on behalf of Nautilus International.
Our Blended Learning Courses
All our blended learning courses can be found on our courses page.
Life in Fleetwood
Fleetwood Nautical Campus is based in Fleetwood, Lancashire. Find out more about life in the town and surrounding area.
Get in touch with us directly
Drop us a line at email@example.com or call us on 01253 504746 to find out more.