Blended learning for Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited and Chief Mate Unlimited
Blended learning is a form of distance learning that combines online study with College-based assessment, allowing you to qualify for an AdC/AdD in Nautical Science from anywhere in the world.
Ideal if you are based overseas, work full-time or prefer a flexible mode of study, distance learning facilitates experiential learning while providing you with valuable sea time.
- Teaching methods to suit different learning styles
- A vast range of up-to-the-minute interactive resources
- Round-the-clock accessibility from all over the world
- Monitor and track your progress through the course
- Full use of our Learning Resource Centre
- Submit many assessments electronically
- Arrange your College-based assessments at a time of your choice
- Regular supportive feedback from our expert tutors
- Practical information and advice from our distance learning team
Our AdC/AdD in Nautical Science combine formative assessments by distance learning with practical and formal assessments undertaken at College. As you work through each unit on the course, you will need to submit your work for marking on a regular basis.
Once you have reached the required standard in each unit you will attempt a pre-College test. If you are successful, you can then make arrangements to attend College for your formal assessments. You will need to complete all work and assessments in one set before you can progress to the next set.
Formal assessment can also be arranged at Bluewater Yachting (upon request) and at Mumbai Maritime Training Institute at pre-arranged dates throughout the year.
If you would like to apply for distance learning for Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited and you are not supported by a shipping company, you could apply for the John William Slater Scholarship for Ratings. Worth up to 17,000, this scholarship is administered by the Marine Society on behalf of Nautilus International.
Life in Fleetwood
Fleetwood Nautical Campus is based in Fleetwood, Lancashire. Find out more about life in the town and surrounding area.