Fleetwood Nautical Campus - Halls of Residence

On Campus Accommodation

Our on campus accommodation is available to cadets, apprentices and other maritime students (subject to space being available). If you'd like to enquire about availability, please contact the email address at the bottom of this page.

Halls of Residence

The College provides a safe and secure environment for our students and apprentices..

Statement of residential principles and practices

Predominantly, the Halls of Residence caters for Maritime cadets in their first college phase and the experience plays a key role in preparing them for joining their first ship. There are also a small number of Maritime officers and Offshore and Engineering apprentices who reside within the facility.  Blackpool and The Fylde College has an admissions policy available to view on the college website.

A handbook  is issued prior to arrival which provides full accommodation details. We have a clear support system which
complies with the college policies. Support and guidance are offered to our students on a daily basis.

The accommodation consists of two buildings, a 101 bed single room halls with shower and toilet facilities on all floors and a 35 bed single room halls with ensuite facilities. Both buildings are located within the campus.

Under 18 students are accommodated in class groupings throughout the halls of residence, with supervision and support provided from the Halls of Residence main office within the building.

Female students are accommodated in a separate wing of the accommodation and have a separate shower and toilet facilities. Females over the age of 18 have the option to use our ensuite facilities in the new build accommodation.

No under 18 students are accommodated in external premises.

Remaining rooms are allocated prior to arrival with any requested changes to allocation being reviewed by the Residential Manager on a case-by-case basis. 

Initial welfare and support facilities are provided by the Residential and Facilities Manager who is supported by a team of duty residential wardens on campus 24 hours a day 7 days a week. All staff are trained in Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, First Aid and Fire Procedures. Further support is available from progress tutors, the senior tutor for progress, the dedicated Student Support and Wellbeing team and the Safeguarding and Prevent Manager, alongside wider college support teams.  Information about their services available via the Student Life pages on the website and via Canvas.

Supervision and monitoring of under 18 students is overseen by the Residential Manager and team of duty residential wardens. A curfew operational plan is operated for under 18 students which is explained to parents upon induction.

Students with religious, dietary, language or cultural needs are encouraged to discuss any requirement with the Residential Manager or their progress tutor in order that their needs can be met. There is a multi-faith room available within the halls of residence.

Our menus can be adjusted in accordance with dietary requirements.

Termly meetings are held with students to ensure an excellent service to our students.

We offer free onsite parking to all students with the added safety and protection of a flood lit car park and CCTV in operation.

Students will have access to a Multi-Use Games Area, also known as a MUGA pitch, which is an all-weather area that can be used for a wide range of sports, training and games.

In the communal area in the main building, we offer the Sky television, including Sky Signature, the new Ultimate On-Demand pack (Netflix), Sky Sports, Cinema (formally Movies), Multiscreen, HD and Ultra HD packs. Students will also have access to a dart board, table football, pool table and table tennis.

The campus enrichment officers provide a recreational programme that runs throughout the first college phase which is published on B deck noticeboards and electronic screens throughout the campus. Students also have access to the full B&FC enrichment offer via the Students Union, which is accessed via the Student Life pages of Canvas and the website. The programme includes awareness raising campaigns around key EDI, citizenship and wellbeing themes.

Halls of residence costs from 1 August 2023


5-7 nights Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal £185.  Over 7 nights to be charged at £40 per night.

3-4 nights Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal £45 per night

1-2 Nights Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal £55 per night
Shared bathroom/shower room

5-7 nights Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal  £145 per stay. Over 7 nights to be charged at £30 per night.

3-4 nights Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal  £35 per night

1-2 nights Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal £40 per night 

Halls of residence contact information

T +44 (0) 1253 504711

E fleetwood.wardens@blackpool.ac.uk

Halls of residence images

Exterior of halls of residence
Exterior of Halls of Residence
ensuite room
Ensuite Room

External Accommodation 

A big part of moving away to study is finding the right place to live.

As a holiday resort, Fleetwood offers plenty of accommodation to choose from.

In Blackpool, student accommodation ranges from guest houses and self-catering flats to privately owned house shares.

To find out more about what might be available you may wish to search the internet for local letting agents that have student accommodation within their portfolio.

For general advice about housing, you may wish to look at the following:


Statement of Non-Affiliation

Blackpool and The Fylde College is not affiliated, associated with and does not authorise, endorse or is in any way officially connected to any Organisation or Landlord offering residential letting services.

Disclaimer – Student Accommodation

Students either currently enrolled or attempting to enrolling with Blackpool and The Fylde College will note the information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Blackpool and The Fylde College and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to accommodation services provided by third parties. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from accommodation services provided by third party agents.

Contact Us

If you're not sure which course to choose, see the qualifications and study programmes we offer.

And if you want to chat with one of our experts, we're here Monday to Friday: