Course Code: OE1EC93
Next available course:
|Start Date||Location||Duration / Fee|
|25/10/2018||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|08/11/2018||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|22/11/2018||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|06/12/2018||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|10/01/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|24/01/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|07/02/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|21/02/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|07/03/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|21/03/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|04/04/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
|02/05/2019||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||2 Days / £570.00||Enquire|
The objectives of the BST Sea Survival Module are to ensure that:.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- ◦Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different LSA, PPE and PFPE commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly
- Delegates are able to demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of SAR and GMDSS.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate evacuation from “WTG” to water by means of “Constant Rate Descender”
- Delegates are able to demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course./p>
**PACKAGE PRICE** GWO SUITE OF COURSES:- RUK WORKING AT HEIGHT, GWO FIRST AID, GWO MANUAL HANDLING, GWO FIRE AWARENESS, GWO SEA SURVIVAL **PACKAGE PRICE - £995**
Since this is a GWO course, you will need to register as a delegate on the GWO WINDA database prior to arrival.
Registration is free. Go to https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/ and complete the relevant fields.
You will need to bring your WINDA ID to all booked training courses.
Modules and Assessment
Teaching and Learning Methods
40% theory and 60% pool based practical. This is a short course of 10 contact hours over 2 days with no independent study required.
Work Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of offshore training within the College are appropriately qualified to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. Our teaching staff have considerable experience of the offshore, maritime and safety industries, with knowledge relevant to the courses we offer.
Fees, Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Private delegate - tuition fees are to be paid in full at the time of booking.
All fees are strictly non-refundable except when the College cancels the course.
Company sponsored delegate
- Companies who hold credit accounts with the College will be invoiced following delivery of the Course
- New companies are required to pay at the time of booking for their first course; credit facilities may be available on request, following successful credit checks.
Off-Premises and Distance Contracts Only
Please refer to College Terms & Conditions.
If you are unable to attend your course you may be able to transfer to another available date. All transfer requests must be received in writing by FOSC no later than 5 working days prior to the commencement date of the course. Email cancellations during the weekend period are strictly not acceptable for courses that commence on a Monday or Tuesday. Company delegates that fail to attend on the commencement date of the course and have not provided 5 working days written notice will be invoiced the full course fee. Private delegates that fail to attend and have not provided 5 working days written notice will be charged the full course fee, no course transfer date will be processed and their payment will be lost. All second transfer requests incur a £55.00 administration fee. Delegates who have made multiple transfers (3+) and fail to attend without the required prior notice in writing will be charged a relevant fee at the discretion of FOSC.