Next course dates
|Start Date||Location||Duration / Fee|
|08/12/2023||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|15/12/2023||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|01/03/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|08/03/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|15/03/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|22/03/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|30/11/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
|07/12/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Hours/ £265||Enquire|
This course providers seafarers with essential education and training in fire fighting onboard tankers (oil, chemical, or liquefied gas) to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in STCW Tables A-V/1-1-1 and A/V/1-2-1 for oil and chemical tankers and liquefied gas tanker cargo.
Upon successful completion of the training, all candidates are issued with an MCA-approved certificate.
To attend this course you must have successfully completed the STCW Fire Prevention and Firefighting course.
You will be able to:
- Describe typical tanker fire response and firefighting procedures
- Identify hazards associated with cargo handling and transportation of hazardous and noxious liquids and liquefied gases in bulk
- Carry out initial actions on discovering a fire
- Describe the correct firefighting agents used to extinguish oil, chemical and liquefied gas fires
- Describe the use of fixed deck firefighting equipment including dry powder and foam
- Demonstrate as a team member use of the deck foam monitor and use of a deck dry power installation
- Demonstrate and use portable firefighting foam equipment
- Describe spill containment in relation to firefighting operations
Delegates are continuously assessed throughout this course.
Teaching and Learning Methods
This course is 100% practical. There are no formal coursework or exams.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
No work placement or field trips.
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
No additional costs. Refreshments are provided.
All staff involved in the delivery of any courses within the College are approved to teach and/or assess the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering and/or assessing a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.
Regulation and Accreditation
Accrediting Institution: N/A
Awarding Body: N/A
Terms and Conditions
Read our full terms and conditions for more information.