Next course dates
|Start Date||Location||Duration / Fee|
|15/12/2023||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|12/01/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|26/01/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|09/02/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|23/02/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|08/03/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|22/03/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
|19/04/2024||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||1 Day/ £150||Enquire|
Gain first aid skills and knowledge in accordance with the GWO standard with this one day GWO First Aid course. Combining theoretical and practical training, this course effectively delivers the knowledge and skills required to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry/wind turbine generator (WTG) environment.
The aim of this module is to enable participants to recognise signs and symptoms of life threating situations and administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment, in order to save lives and prevent further injury, until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care.
- Act independently in recognising, assessing and prioritising the need for basic first aid and providing lifesaving first aid until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment (Ability, intermediate level)
- Take responsibility for recognising their limitations as a basic first aider, calling for help and enable evacuation off the casualty in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment (Ability, intermediate level)
Validity of certificate
Parts of the course are of a physical nature. Employing companies must ensure participants are medically fit to attend training. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
GWO Basic Safety Training Offshore Initial Package £1100 - five days
Book a package of all five of the initial GWO basic safety training courses and get a discount on the individual course prices.
GWO Fire Awareness
GWO Manual Handling
GWO Working at Height
GWO First Aid at Work
Call 01253 504800 to book.
Participants are required to register as a delegate on the GWO WINDA database prior to arrival.
Registration is free. Visit the Global Wind Safety website and complete the relevant fields.
You will need to bring your WINDA ID to all booked training courses.
On successful completion, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines
- identify and explain normal function, normal signs, functions and symptoms of serious and minor injuries, and illnesses related to the human body
- demonstrate an understanding of the correct order of management in an emergency situation in a WTG environment
- demonstrate the correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C
- demonstrate the correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- demonstrate the correct use of ordinary first aid (the secondary survey)
- demonstrate the correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario
Teaching and Learning Methods
This 7 hour course is delivered over one day and combines approximately 40% class-based theory with 60% scenario-based training. No independent study is required.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
This course has no industry placement and no field trips.
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
The course is mainly classroom based although there are a number of practical elements to the training that protective equipment will be provided for. The usual dress for theory sessions is smart/casual. You will also be required to bring photographic proof of your identity, such as a passport or driving licence (compulsory to attend the course).
All staff involved in the delivery of any courses within the College are approved to teach and/or assess the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering and/or assessing a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.
Regulation and Accreditation
Accrediting Institution: N/A
Awarding Body: N/A
Terms and Conditions
Read our full terms and conditions for more information.