Advanced Oil Tanker Cargo Operations
Course Code: MX1EC74
Next available course:
This course is mandatory for:
- those wishing to serve on petroleum tankers in the capacity of Master, Chief Engineer, Chief Officer, or Second Engineer, or
- any person with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging or care in transit of petroleum cargoes.
You will gain comprehensive training in all aspects of petroleum tanker operations at the advanced level.
Completion of this course will enable you to correctly use all forms of on-board cargo handling equipment and effectively access sources of essential safety information.
The course is approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) against the standards set by the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) and the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have UK basic oil tanker training and Tanker fire training and 3 month sea time on oil tankers.
Modules and Assessment
Teaching and Learning Methods
Lectures, videos, group discussions and simulator exercises are used in the delivery of the course.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of maritime and nautical courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant vocational and industrial experience and professional practice. .
Fees, Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Private delegate - tuition fees are to be paid in full at the time of booking.
All fees are strictly non-refundable except when the College cancels the course.
Company sponsored delegate
- Companies who hold credit accounts with the College will be invoiced following delivery of the Course
- New companies are required to pay at the time of booking for their first course; credit facilities may be available on request, following successful credit checks.
Off-Premises and Distance Contracts Only
Please refer to College Terms & Conditions.
If you are unable to attend your course you may be able to transfer to another available date. All transfer requests must be received in writing by FOSC no later than 5 working days prior to the commencement date of the course. Email cancellations during the weekend period are strictly not acceptable for courses that commence on a Monday or Tuesday. Company delegates that fail to attend on the commencement date of the course and have not provided 5 working days written notice will be invoiced the full course fee. Private delegates that fail to attend and have not provided 5 working days written notice will be charged the full course fee, no course transfer date will be processed and their payment will be lost. All second transfer requests incur a £55.00 administration fee. Delegates who have made multiple transfers (3+) and fail to attend without the required prior notice in writing will be charged a relevant fee at the discretion of FOSC.
Regulation and Accreditation
Accrediting Institution: N/A
Awarding Body: NONE