VTS Induction Course - 5 day
Course Code: MX1EC204
Next available course:
Two weeks in total : Week 1, VTS Induction Course, Week 2, VTS Operator Simulator Course (although these weeks can be booked separately and are priced accordingly).
Aim of course: To complete VTS Induction and Simulator training to meet the requirements of IALA V103/1 Vessel Traffic Services Operator Course.
Pre-requisites: Any of the following Three:
- MCA issued or Approved Deck OOW CoC or higher CoC or VTS Nautical Knowledge Certificate (IALA V-103/1 Module 3 & 4) & GMDSS ROC / VTS VHF Radio Certificate or higher certificate
- Candidates who hold UK Coast Guard Senior Marine Operating Officer (SMOO) Certificate can top up this to VTS Nautical Knowledge by attending 1 week Radar & ARPA course.
- Candidates who complete the MCA approved Blended learning VTS Operator Course (V103/1) Module 4 – Nautical Knowledge and attend 1 week Radar & ARPA course.
Modules and Assessment
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of maritime and nautical courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant vocational and industrial experience and professional practice. .
Fees, Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Private delegate - tuition fees are to be paid in full at the time of booking.
All fees are strictly non-refundable except when the College cancels the course.
Company sponsored delegate
- Companies who hold credit accounts with the College will be invoiced following delivery of the Course
- New companies are required to pay at the time of booking for their first course; credit facilities may be available on request, following successful credit checks.
Off-Premises and Distance Contracts Only
Please refer to College Terms & Conditions.
If you are unable to attend your course you may be able to transfer to another available date. All transfer requests must be received in writing by FOSC no later than 5 working days prior to the commencement date of the course. Email cancellations during the weekend period are strictly not acceptable for courses that commence on a Monday or Tuesday. Company delegates that fail to attend on the commencement date of the course and have not provided 5 working days written notice will be invoiced the full course fee. Private delegates that fail to attend and have not provided 5 working days written notice will be charged the full course fee, no course transfer date will be processed and their payment will be lost. All second transfer requests incur a £55.00 administration fee. Delegates who have made multiple transfers (3+) and fail to attend without the required prior notice in writing will be charged a relevant fee at the discretion of FOSC.