RN to MN Conversion
Course Code: MD1EC28
Next available course:
|Start Date||Location||Duration / Fee|
|Anytime||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Years / £2640.00||Enquire|
Higher National Diploma (HND) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) certificates
HND and HNC qualifications lead to a UK Certificate of Competency (CoC). Those issued by Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) and Edexel must be completed in an MCA approved training centre if they are being used towards gaining a CoC
Fleetwood Nautical Campus currently offers the Higher National Certificate in Nautical Science by Blended Learning to students who are overseas, work full time or prefer to study in a flexible mode.
Blended Learning combines online learning with college based assessment
- There is a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Royal Navy and the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
- A valid Navigational Watch Certificate (NWC) and a minimum of 12 months sea service.
- A valid Command Qualification (CQ1) 36 months post award of Navigational Watch Certificate (NWC).
- Please Note: Students must obtain 3 months Merchant Navy shipboard familiarisation.
- Please refer to MSN 1856 - Paragraph 15. Royal Navy Conversions
Modules and Assessment
Teaching and Learning Methods
Work Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of maritime and nautical courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant vocational and industrial experience and professional practice. .
Methods of payment;
The College does not accept cash for payment of deposits or tuition fees. Traveller’s cheques and individual’s foreign cheques are also not accepted. Payments may be made by the following methods only;
- Bankers draft – made payable to Blackpool and The Fylde College
- Bank transfer (bank details provided on request)
- Invoice (if company sponsored – EU learners & EU companies only and by prior agreement)
- Credit / Debit Card
Blended Learning Students
- All students are to pay for Set One modules, SQA Registration and on-line registration at enrolment.
- All International students wishing to enter the UK must meet the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI) criteria. We strongly recommend you check that you meet the criteria before applying to enrol onto the course which requires a minimum of 4 visits to the UK.
- It is extremely important to note that the College will not sponsor students for visa purposes. Organisation of obtaining the correct visa remains the sole responsibility for the student and that no fees will be refund for students who enrol onto the course and subsequently cannot enter the UK for any reason.