RN to MN Conversion
Course Code: MD1EC28
Next available course:
|Start Date||Location||Duration / Fee|
|Anytime||Fleetwood Nautical Campus||5 Years / £2640.00||Enquire|
Higher National Diploma (HND) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) certificates
HND and HNC qualifications lead to a UK Certificate of Competency (CoC). Those issued by Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) and Edexel must be completed in an MCA approved training centre if they are being used towards gaining a CoC
Fleetwood Nautical Campus currently offers the Higher National Certificate in Nautical Science by Blended Learning to students who are overseas, work full time or prefer to study in a flexible mode.
Blended Learning combines online learning with college based assessment
- There is a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Royal Navy and the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
- A valid Navigational Watch Certificate (NWC) and a minimum of 12 months sea service.
- A valid Command Qualification (CQ1) 36 months post award of Navigational Watch Certificate (NWC).
- Please Note: Students must obtain 3 months Merchant Navy shipboard familiarisation.
- Please refer to MSN 1856 - Paragraph 15. Royal Navy Conversions
Modules and Assessment
Teaching and Learning Methods
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of maritime and nautical courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant vocational and industrial experience and professional practice. .
Methods of Payment;
Payments may be made by the following methods only;
- Bankers draft – made payable to Blackpool and The Fylde College
- Bank transfer (bank details provided on request)
- Credit / Debit Card
All International students wishing to enter the UK for the purpose of Deck OOW CoC must meet the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI) criteria for short term study visa. We strongly recommend you check that you meet the criteria before applying to enrol onto the course.
MMTI students are to pay tuition fees at enrolment with B&FC