Congratulations. Dedicated and hard work has brought you here - your graduation, and gateway to an exciting and rewarding future.
We want to make sure you have a wonderful graduation day.
That's why we've put together this list of useful information to help you get ready for - and make the most of - this very special event.
The next graduation ceremony takes place on Friday 13 March 2020 at the North Euston Hotel in Fleetwood.
- Confirm your place
- Disabilities and special requirements
- Robe hire and collecting your gown
- Outstanding debts
- What to wear
- When to arrive
- Seating arrangements
- Ceremony programme
- Personal belongings
- Mobile phones
- Personal conduct
- After graduation
- Contact us
Confirm your place
You should register your attendance and request tickets using the online booking form.
You need to return it to us by Friday 29 February 2020.
If you don’t confirm your attendance, we will assume you are not coming.
Everyone who is invited to the ceremony is expected to graduate and even if you feel uncertain about the outcome of your course you should still complete the booking form.
A maximum of two guest places will be issued for each student attending the graduation.
Disabilities and special requirements
For students or guests with disabilities or special requirements, please fill in the relevant section of our online booking form to enable us to make the necessary arrangements.
Robe hire and collecting your gown
The ceremony is a formal occasion and so you are required to wear full academic robes, which you will need to obtain yourself.
They can be hired from our official robe-makers, J Wippell and Co Ltd, however you will need to place your order by Friday 29 February 2020.
Recommended dress for beneath the robes is a suit and tie for men and a plain dress or skirt/trouser suit for women.
At your graduation ceremony staff will be on hand to guide you to the room where you can collect your gown.
We recommend you collect your gown as soon as possible after you arrive to avoid having to queue.
After the ceremony you will need to return your gown to the gowning room.
Studio photographs – The event’s official photographer is RS Studio, available both before the ceremony and for half an hour afterwards (but not while the ceremony is taking place).
The temporary studio will be set up in the foyer area.
If you have any outstanding debts to the College, including unpaid tuition fees or registration fees and library fines you must clear these by Friday 29 February 2020.
After this date, if you still have debts outstanding, you will not be issued with a certificate nor allowed to attend the ceremony.
What to wear
As the ceremony is a formal occasion, you will need to wear full academic robes. See the Robe hire section on this page for gown booking information.
Beneath the robe we recommend wearing a suit and tie for men and a plain dress or skirt/trouser suit for women.
Stewards will be available to assist graduands with gowning up.
When to arrive
The ceremony starts at 11.30am and we recommend arriving no later than 11am but not before 10.30am.
When you arrive at the venue, there will be staff on hand to guide you to where you need to be.
Table plans will be situated in the main foyer. Stewards will be on hand to help you and your guests be seated.
- Graduands – All those receiving awards have reserved seats.
- Guests – All guests will have reserved seating.
- Special requirements/disabilities – For graduands and guests with disabilities or special requirements, assistance will be available on arrival. If you filled in the relevant section of the booking form then seats will have been reserved for you.
- Opening fanfare. The ceremony will start with a fanfare and, led by the flag-bearer, graduands and members of the stage party will make their way to their allocated positions. Any graduand leaving the hall during the ceremony will not be re-admitted.
- Welcome. Blackpool and The Fylde College's Principal and Chief Executive will officially open the ceremony.
- Awards presentation. The awards will be presented by the guest of honour, in group order according to the programme. The awards will be announced by a staff member, and as your name is called out, you will walk across the stage, shake hands with the guest of honour and receive a scroll. You will then make your way to the allocated seat
- Closing words. Once all graduands have received their awards and are seated, the Head of Campus, Neil Atkinson will give a short address and introduce the guest of honour who will say a few words. Closing remarks and thanks will be given by the Student Representative.
- Closing fanfare. A fanfare will play again and the stage party, staff and VIPs will process to the foyer. Graduates and guests should remain seated until the procession has left the room.
Once the ceremony has ended, graduands and their guests will be invited to join the Principal and staff for refreshments. A bar service will also be available after the conclusion of the ceremony.
We recommend that graduands and guests do not leave their personal belongings unattended in any part of the venue.
Mobile phones must be turned off for the duration of the ceremony. We advise you to switch off your mobile a few minutes beforehand to make sure that it does not cause unexpected disturbance to yourself and others during this very special event.
The event is a happy occasion and we want you to enjoy yourself. To ensure everyone’s experience is a positive one could we please ask you to exercise courtesy and respect at all times, especially during the ceremony itself. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the ceremony to anyone who is inebriated or likely to cause disturbance.
Our graduation ceremonies don’t have to mean goodbye. Maintaining links with the College has a number of advantages for graduates as well as being highly beneficial for existing students, especially with raising aspirations.
Our Facebook and Twitter pages are a great way to keep up to date with what’s going on at B&FC, and our Linked In page is at the heart of the local business community. Why not follow us today?
We have a wide range of Fleetwood Nautical Campus souvenirs.