Fleetwood Nautical Campus are hosting an Open Day aimed at giving potential students an insight into college life and information on various careers in the Maritime Industry. Many of the major Shipping Companies will have representatives available to answer any questions and give information about the Career Opportunities they have to offer.
You will have the opportunity to have a tour of the Campus, including the Offshore Pool facilities, the Bridge and Engine Room Simulators and on-site Halls of Residence.
Alongside this, there will be current students available to discuss their experiences, how they find life at the college and most importantly their career and life at sea.
What’s on offer:
At our careers day you’ll be able to:
*Source: The Skills Funding Agency national success rate tables
- Speak to representatives from all the major shipping companies about the various employment options – they’ll also be offering sponsorship to interested students
- Chat with College staff to learn more about the courses we offer in house and by Blended Learning
- Find out from our cadets what student life at College and at sea is really like
- Take a look around our Campus and explore the facilities
- Witness fire-fighting and pyrotechnics demonstrations and a survival demonstration in the offshore Training Pool
- Take a voyage in the Ship Simulator and see a life raft being launched
- Find out how we can help you achieve success - we supported over 22k students to succeed in 2014. With a 92.9% overall success rate, we topped the rankings of colleges in England*
Thursday 12 October 2017, 1pm – 4.30pm, Fleetwood Nautical Campus
Fleetwood Nautical Campus
T: +44 (0)1253 779 123
There will be parking facilities available on Campus all day
Refreshments will be available all day to purchase from the Campus Refectory including snacks, sandwiches, teas and coffee and cold drinks
Find out more
For more information about our Careers Day or any of the courses we offer please contact us on 01253 504 760.
"We were very impressed not just with the information on offer but also with the staff that we came into contact with on the day - all of whom were friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable - from the gentleman on the desk at registration to yourself and then the staff and cadets in engineering and the pool display."
"We also spoke to a few cadets, they were a credit to the College and were hugely helpful. Again, thank you so much for your help and advice, Leah will most definitely be attending further open days and, thanks to you has a good idea of the next steps necessary".